FREE Musical Instrument Petting Zoo!
REGISTER FOR THE NEXT ZOO SCHEDULED FOR:
CARROLL COUNTY – SEPTEMBER 19, 2019, 12:00-2:00pm
Coffey Music, Westminster
HOWARD COUNTY – SEPTEMBER 20, 2019, 12:00-2:00pm
Crossroads Church, Ellicott City
FREDERICK COUNTY – SEPTEMBER 18, 2019 – 12:00-2:00pm
First Church of the Nazarene, Frederick
What is a musical instrument petting zoo?
The Petting Zoo is an event that gives students hands-on experience with all of the major band instruments: flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, baritone, percussion/bells. This event is scheduled bi-annually in September and January.
Why should my child go to the “zoo”?
- It will give your child a chance to try all of the major band instruments.
- It will give your child a better understanding of which instrument he/she may want to learn to play.
- You and your child get to meet our Academy instructors and ask any lingering questions.
What does it cost to attend?
The “zoo” is free to those interested in the Academy.
How does it work?
- Instructors will give a brief demonstration on all of the instruments so the students can hear the different sounds.
- Stations of instruments groups are set up with teachers giving basic playing instructions.
- Children have the opportunity to learn how to hold and produce a sound on each instrument.
- After trying all of the instruments, there is an opportunity to ask questions and register for the Academy.
Who can come to the “zoo”?
- Those interested in learning to play an instrument.
- Those who may already play an instrument, but wish to try something new.
NOTE: Because this event requires individualized instruction, it is imperative that you register in advance. Please contact us if you have any questions.